From: Andrea Chiavelli <andrea-chiavelli@×××××××.it>
To: gentoo-amd64 <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] gcc-3.4.4
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 18:07:08
I've recently installed gentoo for amd64 2005.1-r1. After the first
emerge sync and emerge  -u portage I had this bad surprise: after
upgrading gcc from 3.4.3 (I thing this was the previous version
installed) to 3.4.4 emerge exited with the error: "/usr/bin/python:
error while loading shared libraries: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory". And so was the output of
env-update and other key-programs.
Actually on my system there isn't (except from a copy in
/emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/ which is useless i'm afraid). And so I think
that this is not a simple problem of environment variables. However I've
corrected the /etc/, run ldconfig and gcc-config and even but no way! that library is really missing! And
also the old gcc installation has gone!
Please have ideas? I'm really astonished!
Thanks to all.