From: Andrea Chiavelli <andrea-chiavelli@×××××××.it>
To: gentoo-amd64 <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] gcc-3.4.4
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 18:07:08
1 I've recently installed gentoo for amd64 2005.1-r1. After the first
2 emerge sync and emerge -u portage I had this bad surprise: after
3 upgrading gcc from 3.4.3 (I thing this was the previous version
4 installed) to 3.4.4 emerge exited with the error: "/usr/bin/python:
5 error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared
6 object file: No such file or directory". And so was the output of
7 env-update and other key-programs.
8 Actually on my system there isn't libstdc++.so.6 (except from a copy in
9 /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/ which is useless i'm afraid). And so I think
10 that this is not a simple problem of environment variables. However I've
11 corrected the /etc/ld.so.conf, run ldconfig and gcc-config and even
12 fix_libtool_files.sh but no way! that library is really missing! And
13 also the old gcc installation has gone!
14 Please have ideas? I'm really astonished!
15 Thanks to all.
16 Andrea.
17 --
18 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list