From: Karol Krizka <kkrizka@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] initrd
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 17:38:43
1 On Sunday 30 October 2005 07:59, Dmitri Pogosyan wrote:
2 > > > I wondered, should /boot be ext2? Or should I use some of the
3 > > > 'default' entries?
4 > >
5 > > This is my line for the boot partition:
6 > > /dev/hda1 /boot auto
7 > > noauto,noatime,notail 1 1
8 > > It's reiserFS I think. I used "auto" because I wasn't sure what to type
9 > > for it.
10 >
11 > I have
12 >
13 > /dev/sda1 /boot ext3 noatime 1 1
14 > /dev/sda2 / reiserfs noatime 0 0
15 >
16 > and the rest are reiserfs. Do you, by the way, have reiserfs build into the
17 > kernel or as a module ?
18 >
19 In kernel, but as I understand from this thread it dosn't matter since it's
20 the point of initrd to make sure the modules are loaded. But that's not the
21 problem as you need to access /boot before the kernel is loaded. And ext3 is
22 almost the same as ext2 but with journaling as I understand it.
25 Karol Krizka