From: "P.V.Anthony" <pvantony@×××××××××××.sg>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Tcp transfer has a pause every few seconds
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 19:36:14
1 Hi,
2
3 I have a problem with my nfs transfer using tcp or udp. There is a pause every
4 few seconds when I am writing to the server. This causes the video that I am
5 recording to have jerks and lost frames. The tcp stream is not constant.
6
7 I will try to explain the best I can.
8
9 I have a server for video use. I connect the videoserver with Macs using cross
10 cable. Using NFS version 3 and using tcp. The filesystem on the server is XFS.
11
12 On the macs there is a dv camera connected. Using a video editing software, I am
13 recording the video to the nfs mount on the mac. After the recording when I play
14 back the recording there are jerks in the video every 20 seconds or so.
15
16 Next I copy a big file to the nfs mount. The file goes through but I notice that
17 there is pause every 20 seconds or so. DV video only need about 3.5MB per
18 second. All the ethernet connection is gigabit.
19
20 What am I doing wrong? Please do advice.
21
22 P.V.Anthony
23 --
24 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list