From: Bernhard Auzinger <e0026053@×××××××××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] persistent-net.rules
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 23:47:26
1 Hi,
2
3 does somebody know how to prevent the persistent-net.rules to be saved during
4 the shutdown process?
5
6 The background is that I have a network interface with a faulty mac adress
7 (FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF) on a K8N Neo2 (nforce3 ultra). So the kernel applys a
8 random mac address to the network interface on every boot. At the shutdown
9 process a entry with the randomly generated mac address will be written
10 into /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules. And that's my problem,
11 because at the next boot another mac address will be applied to the network
12 interface which does not match the one saved to persistent-net.rules and udev
13 does not provide an interface eth0.
14
15 rgds
16 Bernhard