From: Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] libungif and giflib conflict.
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 05:54:35
1 Nick Currier <docfreezzzz@×××××.com> writes:
2 > I have to run libungif as all my media is built around mplayer and it simply
3 > won't run on the giflib libraries.
4
5 My mplayer is linked with giflib and AFAIK it works as it should. I
6 suspect you need to run revdep-rebuild.
7
8 Otherwise I would try installing libungif in /usr/local, the
9 old-fashioned way, and put an entry in package.provided or something
10 like that.
13 Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org http://www.chemoelectric.org
14 Esperantistoj rajtas skribi al Barijo.SXVARCO@×××××××××××××.org
15 'And now we're going to go try to comfort people in that
16 part of the world.' -- Bush, referring to the southeastern U.S.