From: "Nicolas MASSÉ" <nicolas27.masse@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Too many open files in KTorrent
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:36:54
1 Hello,
2
3 I had a problem today with KTorrent, when I tried to download a torrent with a
4 lots of files in it. It gave me an error : "Too many open files". So I ran
5 ulimit -n 32768 and started ktorrent from the shell but I have now the
6 following errors in the console :
7
8 QSocketNotifier: Socket descriptor too large for select()
9 QSocketNotifier: Internal error
10
11 In the man page from select(2) we can read :
12
13 "The default size of FD_SETSIZE is currently 1024. In order to accommodate
14 programs which might potentially use a larger number of open files with
15 select, it is possible to increase this size by having the program define
16 FD_SETSIZE before the inclusion of any header which includes <sys/types.h>."
17
18 Don't you think it's a bit strange to have a maximum number of open files
19 defined at runtime (ulimit) and another limit (a C constant) defined at
20 compilation ?
21
22 Do you think I should report this as a bug against KTorrent ? KDE ? Qt ?
23 libc ? something else ?
24
25 Thanks for your answers.
28 Nicolas MASSÉ
29 Pour récupérer ma clef GPG:
30 gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net --recv-keys 0x2A18C433
31 Key fingerprint: 6621 FC23 5DC7 54BA B952 316A 50B1 BC3F 2A18 C433