From: Mihai Rusu <dizzy@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] printing from abiword: Error: ttftool: Incomplete TTF file
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 09:42:31
1 Hi there
2
3 I have a problem which from what I have been able to google it seems to
4 be 64bit related. I have a Gentoo/x86_64 system and abiword-2.2.11
5 installed (-debug -gnome +jpeg -spell +xml2). I have found a mail thread
6 on a debian mailing list with the same problem at:
7 http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2005/03/msg01070.html
8
9 They say the problem is known to the upstream and that the solution
10 involves installing the abiword-gnome package, I have no idea what's the
11 equivalent for gentoo but I really hope it is not "USE=gnome emerge
12 abiword" because that is unacceptable as one of the main reasons why I
13 run a distribution that uses a source based package system si to be able
14 to strictly control dependencies (I hate binary package systems that
15 when installing a program that doesnt pack it's features in shared
16 objects is probably compiled with every feature turned on and requires a
17 bulk of stupid libraries).
18
19 Any idea how to solve this problem ? Thanks!
22 Mihai RUSU Email: dizzy@×××××.net
23 GPG : http://dizzy.roedu.net/dizzy-gpg.txt WWW: http://dizzy.roedu.net
24 "Linux is obsolete" -- AST
25 --