From: Martin Herrman <martin@×××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Updates other than the masked one
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 07:47:32
1 All,
2
3 since about a week or so, the kdebase-runtime-meta package is masked,
4 see below. I'm quite sure that in the mean time other packages have
5 been updated as well. How can I install these other updates to prevent
6 that eventually I have to update a bunch of packages that takes me
7 several hours to compile? (of course, without allowing the masked
8 package to be installed..)
9
10 Thanx,
11
12 Martin
13
14 ==========================
15
16 martindesktop ~ # emerge --update --deep --newuse --pretend world
17
18 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
19
20 Calculating dependencies... done!
21
22 !!! All ebuilds that could satisfy
23 ">=kde-base/kdebase-runtime-meta-4.3.4[-kdeprefix,semantic-desktop,handbook]"
24 have been masked.
25 !!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
26 - kde-base/kdebase-runtime-meta-4.3.4-r1 (masked by: ~amd64 keyword)
27
28 For more information, see the MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge
29 man page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.
30 (dependency required by "kde-base/kdelibs-4.3.4" [ebuild])
31 (dependency required by "world" [argument])
32
33 martindesktop ~ #