From: Martin Herrman <martin@×××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Xorg.config
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 18:27:21
1 On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 1:08 PM, Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Hello,
4 > Can somebody send me a copy of their xorg.config that is used with 1
5 > graphics
6 > card and 2 identical monitors, side by side.
7 > I have read various documents and have now locked up my machine twice, it
8 > seems a bit hit and miss. options and sections are different in every
9 > document I have read.
10 >
11 > Thanks for any help
12 > Paul
13 > --
14 > This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux
17 Hi Paul,
18
19 I don't have any experience, but tried to find some documentation for you
20 that could be usefull. I believe that 'xrandr' is the module that provides a
21 dual-head setup, it's documentation can be found at the x.org website:
22
23 http://wiki.x.org/wiki/Projects/XRandR
24
25 (I found this page by searching on 'dual-head' on this wiki)
26
27 It looks like this is only supported on a small number of cards, what card
28 do you have?
29
30 HTH,
31