From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Sound missing in KMPlayer, etc.
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 13:57:39
Duncan wrote:

>Mark Haney posted <436FB25B.4070805@××××××××××××.org>, excerpted below, >on Mon, 07 Nov 2005 15:00:27 -0500: > > > > >kmplayer (at least several generations of ~amd64, not sure about stable) >now has the option of using xinelib, mplayer, or gstreamer. >
The previous install of kmplayer didn't include xine at all, and for the record I use amd64 not ~amd64. I don't recall the version so that's of course no help at all. Have you had much success viewing windows media WMV files? If so, what USE flags did you use?
> (You may have >to recompile with the proper USE flags to get that option.) Here, I've >has poor luck with mplayer, but xine has worked well. Haven't tried >gstreamer. mplayer is just too hard to get the right plugins, it seems. >xinelib "just works" a larger percentage of the time without fiddling with >extra plugins. YMMV, but I read a similar post from someone else >somewhere, and knew I was having issues with mplayer, and sure enough, >xinelib worked far better for me. Perhaps mplayer could have been made to >work, but I didn't have to "make" xinelib work at all, it just did, once >merged (and with kmplayer remerged to use it). > > >
-- Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum Mark Haney Sr. Systems Administrator ERC Broadband (828) 350-2415 -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
[gentoo-amd64] Re: Re: Sound missing in KMPlayer, etc. Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>