From: "Marcus D. Hanwell" <cryos@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] BOINC
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 02:02:15
1 On Monday 19 September 2005 00:30, Neil Stone wrote:
2 > Does anyone on this list use BOINC on AMD64 systems ??
3 >
4 > I am trying to use is but getting a mesage about my platform not being
5 > supported...
6 >
7 > Ideas anyone ?
8 >
9 I am using it, and maintaining it... It is pretty fragile right now, and I
10 think I know how to improve it once I get time to sit down with the ebuilds
11 and take a look. You want to emerge boinc, then attach to a project. It will
12 cry about no platform, then stop it. Then emerge setiathome-4.18 (I think)
13 and start boinc after that is done.
14
15 You should be crunching away, it works here but I am open to feedback. I will
16 be adding some updated ebuilds to automate this more - it is a bug. If you
17 emerge setiathome first then when you attach to setiathome it deletes the
18 binary client you just built and complains there isn't one! The latest
19 snapshots unfortunately do not build here either.
20
21 I am a little busy right now, but I will get to it. If you come up with any
22 solutions/suggestions then please post them here or to bugzilla.
23
24 Thanks,
25
26 Marcus
27 --
28 Gentoo Linux Developer
29 Scientific Applications | AMD64 | KDE | net-proxy