From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] latest k3b and system locale
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 13:28:04
1 I upgraded to the latest k3b on Friday (1.0.4) and I really like the
2 interface and all, but when I run it I get this:
3
4 System locale charset is ANSI_X3.4-1968
5 Your system's locale charset (i.e. the charset used to encode filenames)
6 is set to ANSI_X3.4-1968. It is highly unlikely that this has been done
7 intentionally. Most likely the locale is not set at all. An invalid
8 setting will result in problems when creating data projects.
9 Solution: To properly set the locale charset make sure the LC_*
10 environment variables are set. Normally the distribution setup tools
11 take care of this.
12
13 I noticed on the notes after the upgrade that k3bsetup isn't included in
14 the ebuild now. So, my question is, how do I fix this, or is it even a
15 problem?
19 Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!
22 Mark Haney
23 Sr. Systems Administrator
24 ERC Broadband
25 (828) 350-2415
26
27 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support
28 --
29 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list