From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: PCI Wireless Cards with 64bit support and drivers
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 10:41:43
Peter Humphrey posted <42CB869B.4050508@××××××××××.uk>, excerpted below,
on Wed, 06 Jul 2005 08:22:03 +0100:

> Terry Ellis wrote: > >> Are there any? After playing around with one and ndiswrapper this >> afternoon, I found the logs complaining about the windoze driver not >> being 64bit. Doh! :( > > > Please don't hijack threads.
Agreed, but it might help if you mentioned exactly what that means, as those doing it likely don't understand the issue, or they'd /not/ be doing it... Thread hijacking occurs when you hit reply to an existing thread, then simply change the subject, and post a question entirely different than the existing thread. Because you hit reply, the post's references header will still say it belongs in the old thread, and a decent client will thread it as such, regardless of whether it has a different subject or not (altho some clients make threading new subjects as new threads an option). The better alternative is to create a NEW post (as opposed to a reply to an existing post), starting a new thread, rather than hijacking an old one. -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list