From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Memory usage; 32 bit vs 64 bit.
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 21:10:16
1 Darragh Bailey wrote:
2 > I could be wrong here, but aren't both seamonkey-bin& FahCore_a3.exe
3 > 32bit applications? That would mean that you're likely loading both
4 > 32bit and 64bit versions of a number of libraries. Would certainly count
5 > towards a higher memory usage.
10 That is a compiled seamonkey. It installs it as seamonkey-bin since
11 after I compile it here, it is then a binary. I don't have any
12 precompiled binaries here that I know of.
13
14 I chose the 64 bit folding package. That's what was on the web page at
15 least. Since it is a binary, I can't be sure of that.
16
17 Dale
18