From: "Vladimir G. Ivanovic" <vgivanovic@×××××××.net>
To: Gentoo AMD64 List <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Resuming an emerge where it left off
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 18:36:20
1 Is there a way of resuming an emerge of a package at exactly the place
2 where it stopped, like restating a make where it stopped?
3
4 For example, it took hours for me to get to the point where the emerge
5 of openoffice failed because I was using the wrong JDK. It would be nice
6 not to have to toss away all that work and to be able to restart from
7 the point where I left off.
8
9 I see in /etc/make.conf.example that there is a feature called "noauto"
10 that seems to do what I want, but every time I've tried using it, it has
11 restarted from the beginning. I didn't try it with openoffice, but if I
12 had I would have tried:
13
14 ebuild openoffice-2.0.4.ebuild compile qmerge
15
16 Is what I'm after possible?
17
18 Thanks.