From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] sudden sound loss
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 12:46:29
1 2008/4/10, Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>:
2 >
3 > I've beat my head on this for a week now and I can't come up with any
4 > answers. For some reason sound has stopped working completely on my laptop.
5 > I've checked dmesg and syslog for any errors and nothing shows up
6 > concerning the kernel having problems loading the driver (ATI IXP). I've not
7 > updated the kernel until yesterday (was using 2.6.23-r9 for a month prior to
8 > this morning when I booted up into the new .24 kernel (-r4) and still no
9 > sound. It seems rather obvious that it's a library/software problem, but I
10 > have no idea how to start looking for that. I've run revdep-rebuild a
11 > couple of times and it's rebuilt non-sound related packages. alsamixer has
12 > the sound ard right and the volume level right.
13 >
14 > I'm out of ideas, anyone else have any?
17 check in a console if alsa is working. try out alsaconf and reinstall the
18 configuration. it should automatically add the modules at startup and run
19 the daemon. to me the only explanation seem to be that either alsa daemon
20 doesn't start or the modules aren't loaded at startup.
23 dott. ing. beso