From: hamish@travellingkiwi.com (Hamie)
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] XOrg 6.9
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 13:30:45
1 WOuld it be impolite of me to ask if XOrg 6.9 is ever going to be
2 available for amd64? I see that 7.0 (Modularised) version is hard
3 masked, but it doesn't compile anyway when I unmask it (XServer
4 fails to copmile. I think I've seen it mentioned here before), but
5 6.9 doesn't appear to be avail at all..
6
7 I COULD compile 6.9 myself from sources, but that produces problems
8 since X11R6 seems now to have been moved from /usr/X11R6 to being
9 merged into /usr... It's no longer as simple as moving X11R6 aside &
10 pointing that elsewhere...
11
12 is there a timetable for 7.0 (The reaosn I ask is so I can get the r300
13 support working, which was fine on the CVS version I was running, but
14 I'd like to update...
15
16 TIA
17