From: "Florian D." <flockmock@×××.at>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Quick grub question
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 22:27:18
1 hello,
2 the drive ordering thing is explained by Duncan already. I just want to point out that if you want
3 to have your root partition on the raid too and if you are using the new superblock version(>=1),
4 you should be aware of the fact, that it is not possible to auto-assemble the array during the boot
5 process. Neither the normal raid-autodetect nor a kernel command line like
6 raid=noautodetect root=/dev/md1 md=1,/dev/sda2,/dev/sdb2,/dev/sdc2
7 will work. In this case, you have to use an initramfs to assemble your root-raid, or just use the
8 old 0.90 superblocks, which is the default, I think.
9 I just wanted to tell you that, because I had exactly the same issue and setting up the initramfs
10 was quite a lot of work (and IMHO only poor documentation available).
11
12 cheers, f
13 --
14 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list