From: Saphirus Sage <saphirus497@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Video for Linux - webcam
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 15:45:25
1 Mansour Al Akeel wrote:
2 > I have been trying to get the webcam to work on:
3 >
4 > Linux mars 2.6.29-gentoo-r5 #1 SMP Sat Aug 8 13:33:30 ADT 2009 x86_64
5 > AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-53 AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
6 >
7 > lsusb
8 > Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001
9 > Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05ca:1810 Ricoh Co., Ltd
10 > Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
11 >
12 > I enabled V4L in the Kernel and enabled API 1.0.
13 > Then I installed the driver as in :
14 >
15 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-768893.html?sid=57e3dbf52a9be44c18f4f779069802ab
16 >
17 > [...]
18
19 Are you sure you have configured gspca properly?
20 Go to "Device Drivers > Multimedia Devices > Video Capture Adapters >
21 v4l usb devices > GSPCA Based Webcams" in the menu provided by "make
22 menuconfig" in /usr/src/linux and enable the relivent driver.
23 Unfortunately, after looking across which webcames are gspca-supported,
24 Ricoh doesn't show up a single time. So that may be just about useless.
25
26 The only drivers I could find are significantly behind in supported
27 kernel versions, but could be worth a shot: http://www.arakhne.org/ricoh/
28
29 In addition, there has been success using media-video/linux-uvc with
30 Ricoh webcams, so that could also be worth a shot. Regardless, good
31 luck, and do follow up if any of these ideas work.