From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] emerge --resume question
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 20:56:23
1 2008/8/13 Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
2
3 > Typically when I do a massive upgrade (like to KDE) I fetch the files down,
4 > then do the emerge later when I don't need internet access necessarily.
5 > However, this time I started the upgrade to KDe4.1 without doing that.
6 >
7 > What I want to know is, is it possible for me to do an emerge -f --resume
8 > to fetch the packages I need /before/ resuming the emerge, say later
9 > tonight?
12 try doing the emerge of one package in one terminal, then in the other do
13 the same emerge with fetchonly option after the first one has started
14 compilation. this will fetch the packages while the other is still building.
15 the resume also, works only once for what i know. that's why the paludis
16 hooks that always prints out the packages to install (before actually
17 installing them and after each time you stop the compile) and the one
18 installed is a better way to handle the stop and restart of compilation
19 processes.
22 dott. ing. beso