From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] LILO?
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 22:02:35
1 Barry Schwartz wrote:
2 > Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org> skribis:
3 >> Why is LILO suddenly showing up in my world upgrade list as a new install
4 >> when I already have grub? Has anyone else seen this? What is causing it?
5 >
6 > I had something like that at some point in the not too distant past. I
7 > did an emerge -C or such and the LILO neediness went away.
11 Yeah this is weird. I thought maybe it ws kfloppy and lilo-config
12 causing it, but when I did an emerge -upD world after unmerging them
13 they showed back up but LILO was gone. Weird.
17 Frustra laborant quotquot se calculationibus fatigant pro inventione
18 quadraturae circuli
19
20 Mark Haney
21 Sr. Systems Administrator
22 ERC Broadband
23 (828) 350-2415
24
25 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support