From: Martins Steinbergs <mar@××.lv>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] 32 binaries questions
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 02:06:09
1 On Wednesday 15 February 2006 03:17, Nuitari wrote:
2 > > I got old nice game Railroad Tycoon 2 and after installing made entry in
3 > > Kmenu with this command:
4 > > linux32 /usr/local/games/RT2/rt2
5 > > As you see its installed in /usr/local/games bypassing portage. Seems
6 > > everything works fine, sound and graphics, however, is it right way to
7 > > launch 32 binary on x86_64? I'm asking this because looks like amaroK's
8 > > OSD popup locks graphics in game, no way to exit it cleanly, root -> kill
9 > > pid doesnt work, just fuser -k did the trick but for my understanding
10 > > this isnt good way to stop programs running.
11 > > Now i'll dig other 32 binaries' ebuilds to see what happens there.
12 > > Any tips welcome.
13 >
14 > Have you tried using Alt-Enter to switch from windowed to full screen
15 > mode?
16 >
17 > It is a general problem with rt2 and popups that steal the focus away from
18 > it.
19 >
20 > You don't need the linux32 part.
21
22 Alt-Enter doesnt work, and cant find it should, isnt it only for winOS?
23 I run rt2 in fullscreen, and it appears --windowed option doesnt work, just
24 tried. Next time game will lock ill try X kill or Ctrl+Alt+Esc if it isnt the
25 same, but meanwhile i found where to turn off that amaroK OSD thingy, it was
26 bothering me anyway :)
27
28 Can you explain why linux32 part isnt needed?
29
30 martins
31 --
32 Linux 2.6.15-ck3-r1 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
33 03:43:59 up 21:13, 5 users, load average: 0.19, 0.31, 0.74
34 --
35 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list