From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Hyper-threading an AMD64 3800+
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 22:34:42
1 On Donnerstag 11 Juni 2009, Greg wrote:
2 > I'm not arguing as I know I don't know when it comes to this topic...
3 >
4 > I had read something recently about AMD 6 core processors which were not
5 > only 6 core but also performing hyperthreading or something compatible.
6 >
7 > So, am I understanding that no AMDs do the hyperthreading or something
8 > equivilent, or is it just in the newer processors?
9
10 it is not available in any consumer cpus from amd at the moment.
11
12 I haven't checked opterons in a while