From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Now I have a problem with l32 too
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 21:39:11
On 12/19/05, Billy Holmes <billy@××××××.net> wrote:
> Peter Humphrey wrote: > > This happens whether I'm root or myself. I dare say I'm doing something > > stupid, but at the moment I can't see what. > > I made a mistake in the code. I was overzealous in commenting out lines. > I have fixed it and added some more checks to ensure it does switch > personalities. > > rename your ebuild to l32-1.1.1.ebuild, and redo the digests. emerge > should automagically download the tarball from my server, redo the > digests. Then just: > > # emerge -avt l32 > > and it should install version 1.1.1. > > Sorry about that!
So version 1.1.1 is a big improvement for me, but I'm still having some troubles: 1) If I do l32 /bin/bash and then try and run Firefox it won't run. However if I run a copy of Firefox in my 64-bit environment I can then run a second copy in my 32-bit environment. 2) I'm still having to do the xhost thing to get it to work. If anyone sees the same thing or has some things I should try to get it working please write back when you get a chance. Thanks, Mark -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-amd64] Now I have a problem with l32 too Billy Holmes <billy@××××××.net>
Re: [gentoo-amd64] Now I have a problem with l32 too Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>