From: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Symlinks vs. Bind mounts.
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 15:49:58
1 В Втр, 12/08/2008 в 15:05 +0000, Beso пишет:
2 > does it really worth to compile OOo instead of just downloading the
3 > bin version?! the last time i've tried it the ammount of space taken
4 > "hostage", the slowness of compilation and the really small
5 > improvement in speed (as well as the other deps to install) made me
6 > chose the 32bit precompiled bin package.
7
8 In portage tree openoffice source package receives intermediate updates
9 with patches from upstream (see silent patchset bumps lines in
10 ChangeLog) which fix many important problems like crashes.
11 Openoffice-bin misses this fixes. So yes, it's better to build OO from
12 sources having your hand on ChangeLog and rebuild it when update
13 comes... Another alternative is to use updated binary snapshots from
14 upstream, but I don't know where you can download them.
17 Peter.