From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo AMD64 <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: How much value does llvm provide for a low-use laptop?
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 16:42:52
1 On Sun, Apr 16, 2017 at 8:43 AM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > Mark Knecht posted on Sat, 15 Apr 2017 17:45:43 -0700 as excerpted:
4 >
5 > > My wife is not looking for high performance and the machine uses
6 > > nvidia-drivers. (If it matters)
7 > >
8 > > As best I can tell using equery the only package that seems to want it
9 > > is mesa and there's a llvm flag implying maybe I can turn it off. I'm
10 > > updating her machine and it's been grinding away on this one package for
11 > > over 2 hours now. If it's not really required then I'd like to write it
12 > > out of my future.
13 >
14 > Please turn off the HTML posts.
17 Other than being on my wife's machine where I haven't sent mail from I have
18 absolutely no idea why HTML was on. Sorry.
21 <Big Snip>
22 >
23 > If you're not using radeon/amdgpu, you can probably disable it with
24 > little consequence.
27 Thanks,
28 Mark