From: "Henry W. Peters" <hwpeters@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Can't connect to internet from Live DVD.
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 00:41:19
1 On 9/19/2013 6:25 PM, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Henry,
3 > Report back how it goes. I've never been forced to bring up
4 > wireless during an install so I'd like to understand how you make it
5 > work under Gentoo and what problems you run into, if any. I'm assuming
6 > here that Arch doesn't have any proprietary magic about getting
7 > wireless started and that eventually a new Gentoo Live DVD would be
8 > able to do the same thing.
9 >
10 > Cheers,
11 > Mark
12 >
13 Mark,
14
15 Well I went into the section that shows one's hardware, drivers, etc. in
16 the live CD for Arch Linux (didn't take notes, so don't remember the
17 exact term for it) & DID look like the Ralink & the ethernet adaptor
18 (Qualcomm Atheros) had drivers recognized... I wasn't prepared to try to
19 connect to anyplace from in the shell, so I will try that too (as I
20 can). & will let you know (how it goes, if it does).
21
22 It does look like having uptodate drivers are most probably (among) the
23 problem solvers (i.e., this problem is likely solvable). I also have
24 burned the "latest" snapshot minimal Gentoo install, which I have not
25 yet tried, which I will do, too.
26
27 Regards,
28 Henry