From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Kernel-3.10 Nvidia Emerge Failure And Other Stuff
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 20:04:21
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 12:35 PM, Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> wrote:
3 > <SNIP>
4 >> However, the main problem for me with kernel-3.20 is that the nvidia-drivers
5 >> will fail to emerge. Here is the error:
6 >>
7 >> nvidia-drivers-319.32/work/kernel/nv-i2c.c: In function 'nv_i2c_del_adapter':
8 >> nv-i2c.c:327:14: error: void value not ignored as it ought to be
9 >>
10 >> When I encountered this failure I expected that a huge outcry of bug reports
11 >> would ensue, but so far things have been rather quiet. There are only a few
12 >> postings of this problem with 3.10-rc1 and not much else.
13 >>
14 >> I should perhaps just patiently wait for the eventual rapid fix, because this
15 >> error is a real show stopper, but I will make an inquiry nonetheless.
16 >> Has anyone on the list encountered this error with nvidia and kernel-3.10?
17 >>
18 >> I hope it is not, again, some strange affliction peculiar to my machine.
19 >>
20 >> Frank Peters
21 >
22 > Hi Frank,
23 > I don't think the Gentoo devs pay much attention to that sort of
24 > failure. I don't report them anymore.
25 >
26 > My personal experience with major kernel revision jumps like this
27 > is that it's best to give NVidia a few days and to watch their web
28 > site for a new version. They typically update very quickly. (1-2 days)
29 >
30 > HTH,
31 > Mark
36 I seem to recall that nvidia only supports 3.9 right now. As Mark says,
37 give them some time to update then try again.
38
39 Hope that helps.
40
41 Dale
42
46 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!