From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] New ATI proprietary driver
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 15:04:35
1 Hi Chris,
2 It would help a lot to be specific about revision numbers.
3
4 On one of my MythTV frontend IA-32 machines I'm now using 8.29.6. It
5 solved a LOT of problems that we were having with 8.28.8 which was horrible.
6 That said it still has really bad 'tearing' problems and frustrates
7 everyone. Unfortunately there hasn't been much headway using S-Video outputs
8 with the Open Source driver so we're forced to use ATI for now.
9
10 Unfortunately none of this is 64-bit so it may not be very interesting to
11 you.
12
13 Cheers,
14 Mark