From: Mark <whitetr6@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: emerge --emptytree problem
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 22:55:59
Well, I *think* I have it figured out. After setting up the logging, I
fired up the build again, and when it finally failed, there was a
message "you need perl 5" during the openssl package install. So I
tried emerging perl by itself, and it fails because the java ebuild
was not in the portage directory. So I changed java in my USE= list to
-java, and restarted the build. So far, it's going well. My question I
guess is, did I come up with the right solution, or will having -java
in my USE= list cause me problems later on?

On 7/10/05, Mark <whitetr6@×××××.com> wrote:
> I'm rebuilding my system from scratch, using 2005 and a stage 2 build. > It keeps failing in the emerge --emptytree system process. I suspect > my make.conf is the problem. So a couple questions... > > 1. On the USE flags, this time around, I put in everything that > sounded like I wanted, which ended up being a very long list. Am I > better off having a very short list of USE flags, as shown in the > example in the docs? > > 2. I have -march=athlon64 in my make.conf file. My processor is an > AMD64 Athlon 3200+. Is that the correct march= setting? Maybe that's > my whole problem rather than my USE flags list?? > > Thanks all, > -- > Mark > [unwieldy legal disclaimer would go here - feel free to type your own] >
-- Mark [unwieldy legal disclaimer would go here - feel free to type your own] -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: emerge --emptytree problem Jared Lindsay <cinder.sub@×××××.com>
[gentoo-amd64] Re: emerge --emptytree problem Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>