From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Considering going no-multilib
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 15:28:12
1 As the title suggests, I'm considering going no-multilib, given that I
2 don't use 32-bit software in general, anyway. It would sure save compile
3 time on glibc and gcc, and would eliminate the issues I seem to get
4 with 32-bit compile failures when I compile glibc using gcc4, as well as
5 /greatly/ simplifying my Gentoo life, at a cost of giving up something I
6 don't really use anyway.
7
8 Question. If I do so, will grub still compile for me, or will I have to
9 use grub-static (I /guess/ that's the binary-only ebuild?)?
10
11 Hmm... the package.mask for no-multilib includes sys-boot/grub, so I
12 apparently answered my own question... Still.
13 confirmation/comments/suggestions would be appreciated.
18 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
19 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
23 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list