From: "Marek Wróbel" <smbmarek@×××××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Problem with emerge on a dual-processor machine [SOLVED]
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 18:04:39
1 I had the same problem with my computer. I bought early Athlon 64 3000+
2 on socket 754, mainboard Asus K8V. First I tried 4 different TwinMOS
3 memory modules (so that weren't no-names), but the system was very
4 unstable and memtest86+ showed memory errors. Fortunately I could take
5 Hynix memory instead of TwinMOS paying only the difference. It works
6 very good until now.
7
8 So, it wasn't really a memory problem, it was problem of connection of
9 memory, mainboard and processor. Especially early Athlons 64 had
10 problems and worked only with certain memory modules.
11
12 Like Duncan said before, if you can, change your memory, and try taking
13 other brand, it may help.
14
15 Regards,
16 Marek Wróbel