From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-laptop@g.o, gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Battery status not working
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 09:44:25
1 "Felipe Ribeiro" <felipernb@×××××.com>
2 posted b5deea460606120710h39912ad4wdc078673db05923b@××××××××××.com,
3 excerpted below, on Mon, 12 Jun 2006 11:10:35 -0300:
4
5 > Hi, I'm having problems to monitor my battery status (on my laptop).
6 >
7 > felipe@mustang ~ $ cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT1/state
8 > present: yes
9 > ERROR: Unable to read battery status
10 >
11 > What can I do to make it work? Here is my acpi conf on kernel:
12
13 Kernel ACPI config is useful, but you didn't mention what particular brand
14 and model of laptop you have, or its motherboard or the chipset it uses.
15 With that information, there's a good chance someone else will have the
16 same one and you can compare notes. Without it, it's not practical to try
17 to cover all the possibilities.
24 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
27 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list