From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] ~amd64 vs portage.unmask
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 23:31:27
1 On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Sebastian Redl
2 <sebastian.redl@×××××××××××.at> wrote:
3 > Mark Knecht wrote:
4 >> I seem to be a bit confused about the correct usage of ~amd64 vs
5 >> unmasking a package in the portage.unmask file. Thanks in advance.
8 >> What's the proper way for me to limit glib at the currently installed
9 >> revision level?
12 > portage.unmask is for masking, portage.keywords for keywording. These
13 > are not the same.
14 >
15 > You can accept the ~amd64 keyword for just a single version the same way
16 > you can unmask just a single version. Put this in portage.keywords:
17 >
18 > =dev-libs/glib-2.18.4 ~amd64
21 > Sebastian
22
23 Thank you Sebastian. That worked fine.
24
25 Now, the same thing didn't work for portage-2.2_rc23. For that one I
26 actually had to add it to portage.unmask also. I think that's because
27 it's actually hard masked? Is that correct?
28
29 Cheers,
30 Mark