From: Dieter Ries <clip2@×××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] KDE 4.1
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 13:18:30
1 Mark Haney schrieb:
2 > Okay, I've been watching and waiting for KDE 4.1 to hit portage, via an
3 > overlay or otherwise. I've seen new HOWTOs on getting it emerged, but
4 > after my fun with KDE4.0.5 I'm a little more cautious. So, has anyone
5 > used the directions on installing KDE4.1, do they work okay?
6
7 Just laymaned the overlay and emerged. No special directions. Just use a
8 new user first.
9
10 > Does it emerge okay?
11
12 Yes, no problem here on AMD64
13
14 > And most importantly, does it work?
15 >
16 No, it doesnt really work. Effects still suck, the bar still sucks, ff3
17 crashes ... --> back to 3.5.9 waiting for 4.2
18
19 cu
20 Dieter
23 3rd Law of Computing:
24 Anything that can go wr
25 fortune: Segmentation violation -- Core dumped