From: Sebastian Geiger <sbastig@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] KDE 4.1.2 and portage questions
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 21:43:16
1 I found that there are still a few file collisions, e.g. with kile and
2 other packages.
3
4 Mark Haney wrote:
5 > I've just finished reading the latest Gentoo documentation relating to
6 > moving KDE4.1 to the main tree. The 'kdeprefix' USE flag I get so
7 > that's not a problem, but now I have some questions, I hope someone can
8 > answer them.
9 >
10 > Has KDE4.1 moved to the main tree yet? Or is it upcoming? If I
11 > understand the doc correctly, if I ude the 'kdeprefix' use flag I can
12 > still move between kde 3.5 and kde4, right? I know if I use it that I
13 > can move between minor versions of KDE4 with it, but how does that work
14 > between 3.5 and 4? AS it is now I can switch easily.
15 >
16 > The documentation mentions moving from the kde-testing overlay, but I've
17 > been getting my ebuilds from the kdesvn-portage overlay. I assume the
18 > directions are the same regardless of the overlay used?
19 >
20 > I'd like to hear from someone who's moved to 4.1.2 and tell me of their
21 > experience with it before I make the jump. What were the steps you took
22 > and how painless was it?
25 > If I had a spare box free I'd tinker with it myself, but I'm bus testing
26 > new software and can't use it at the moment.
27 >
28 > I'd appreciate any info you have.
29 >