From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Machine recommendations?
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 05:35:54
1 On Wed, 18 Mar 2015 00:29:02 -0400
2 Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 > On 03/17/2015 10:55 PM, Duncan wrote:
5 > > (As for chrome, even if I could run closed source I'd not trust it.
6 > > Google is after all an ad/tracking company at core, which after
7 > > all does own the doubleclick
8 >
9 > I also find their tracking practices to be troubling. I avoid their
10 > links, and I do what I can to educate the people around me about how
11 > nothing they do is "free".
14 You may want to have a look at Iron Browser which is based on
15 the chromium source but is specially designed for privacy:
16
17 http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php
20 FP