From: Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Switching profiles
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 13:14:18
1 Yuri Pimenov wrote:
2 > Nope, I supposed that this FAQ may be little bit outdated. Besides the
3 > question was in meaning
4 > "why I can't do that"? FAQ tells nothing for a curious one.
5
6 It's still accurate, AFAIK. If you find anything that is outdated,
7 please let me know. About the 'why': We're not going to explain that in
8 the FAQ, because a FAQ really should only give short answers. Nobody is
9 going to read a FAQ of 20 pages full of information that doesn't solve
10 your problem. Beside that, why should you be able to do it? amd64 and
11 x86 are two architectures, you wouldn't expect a ppc box running apps
12 that were cross-compiled for a sparc.
15 Kind Regards,
16
17 Simon Stelling
18 Gentoo/AMD64 Developer