From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] To Worrie or Not Worrie!
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 00:24:55
1 On Friday 12 May 2006 17:33, "Christopher E" <sensory.access@×××××.com>
2 wrote about '[gentoo-amd64] To Worrie or Not Worrie!':
3 > some thing like this ... it seems to be moved
4
5 This is due to the way portage installs software. In particular, I started
6 noticing it around the same time we got the split kde builds... so it
7 could be related to the fact that KDE comes from upstream in the
8 monolithic packages, and the splitting has to be done by Gentoo's KDE
9 team.
12 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
13 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
14 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
15 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh