From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: earch Was: Old package in portage ?
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 20:42:57
1 "B. Nice" <anonymous.pseudonym.88@×××××.com> posted
2 1179399277.31326.7.camel@××××××××××.Workgroup, excerpted below, on Thu,
3 17 May 2007 06:54:37 -0400:
4
5 > FYI: Another program with a similar functionality is eix. [I]
6 > app-portage/eix
7 > Available versions: 0.8.8 ~0.9.1 ~0.9.2 ~0.9.3 ~0.9.4 ~0.9.6
8 > Installed versions: 0.8.8(13:02:21 03/14/07)(-sqlite) Homepage:
9 > http://eix.sourceforge.net Description: Small utility
10 > for searching ebuilds with
11 > indexing for fast results
12
13 For the searching, I use esearch. For the version listing, earch does a
14 bit better as it lists the stable and ~arch versions /per/ /arch/, not
15 just on the current arch. Of course, as I said, that's more a developer
16 feature.
17
18 I also mentioned that it had some other options, without listing them.
19 Here's the --help output (-m is useful here, if it were primarily user
20 oriented -f would be the default so that's useful, and -v, most of the
21 others are more developer oriented).
22
23 ~$earch --help
24 Gentoo last arch keyword checking tool, with SLOT and masking support
25
26 Usage:
27 earch [opts] [CP]
28 If CP is omitted, the current directory is used.
31 -c|--category
32 Include category in output.
33
34 -f|--follow-etc-portage
35 By default, earch acts like repoman and ignores /etc/portage.
36 This option disables that behavior.
37
38 -h|--help
39 This help page.
40
41 -H|--hide-masked
42 Exclude all masked versions from output.
43
44 -i|--ignore-redundant
45 Exclude redudant versions from keyword output.
46 Redundant versions are those output by -r.
47
48 -m|--masking-reason
49 For all masked versions, print masking reason.
50 Disables other output.
51
52 -o|--one-slot
53 Consider SLOT values as if they were all equal.
54 This effectively disables SLOTs from consideration.
55
56 -r|--remove-pkgs
57 Show all redundant versions to clean from the tree.
58
59 -s|--slot <SLOT,...>
60 SLOT values to provide output for, seperated by commas.
61
62 -v|--version
63 earch version output.
64
65 Explaination of output:
66 # earch [$CATEGORY/$PN]
67 $PF[$SLOT]: $KEYWORDS
68 If a specific version is masked, a (M) will preceed the keywords.
73 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
76 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list