From: Gregory Symons <gsymons@××××××××××××.biz>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] libofx and GnuCash
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 00:33:01
1 Has anyone managed to get OFX support working in 64 bit? It seems that
2 libtool is unable to create a loadable object for libofx, which prevents
3 GnuCash from being able to load libgncmod-ofx. From what I've been able
4 to gather, the reason libtool can't make a .so for libofx has something
5 to do with libstdc++... when building libgncmod-ofx, I get the following
6 error from libtool:
7
8 *** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lstdc++.
9 *** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in
10 when
11 *** you link to this library. But I can only do this if you have a
12 *** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
13 *** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
14 *** with libstdc++ and none of the candidates passed a file format test
15 *** using a file magic. Last file checked: libstdc++.so.5.0.6
16
17 *** Warning: libtool could not satisfy all declared inter-library
18 *** dependencies of module libgncmod-ofx. Therefore, libtool will
19 create
20 *** a static module, that should work as long as the dlopening
21 *** application is linked with the -dlopen flag.
22
23 Is there a way to fix this without adding -dlopen to LDFLAGS? I'd prefer
24 to fix the root cause rather than the symptoms. And I'm avoiding
25 learning the voodoo of libtool until someone pays me to do it;)
26 --
27 Gregory Symons
28 Software Engineer
29