From: "Kris Kersey (Augustus)" <augustus@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Planning a new box - AMD Opteron or Intel Xeon?
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 14:41:07
1 Because, at the time, that was the best available from both AMD and Intel.
2 Also, if I'm not mistaken, the prices were similar at the time. Notice
3 that I was careful to also do some core vs. core benchmarks so that you
4 could possibly compare dual-core Xeons and look forward to Barcelona.
5
6 Thanks,
7 Kris Kersey (Augustus)
8 LinuxHardware.org Site Manager