From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] ATi driver
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 18:15:20
1 Martin Bergstrand wrote:
2 > Mark Haney wrote:
3 >> I do not see any composite option in my config file, what does that refer to
4 >> exactly?
5 >>
6 >> Also, my config is set for 'omit xfree86-dga' like yours is. I haven't tried
7 >> renaming the .kde directory yet, but I"ll give it a go and see how it works.
10 > The composite extension is for the trancparency stuff in X (if you
11 > don't have it in your xorg.conf then you're good). I haven't gotten it
12 > to work at all with the XPress 200.
13 > I got similar things happening like you reported when I tried it, but
14 > I also for some reason got that with my
15 > old .kde settings. I am sure I could have gone in and start changing
16 > settings and the such to find out exactly
17 > what particular option was causing it but I chose to remove all my old
18 > settings and start from scratch.
19 >
20 Well, I blew the .kde folder away and that didn't fix it. However, it
21 did fix 1280x800 with the mesa driver. And I'm quite happy with that
22 actually, even if i have to re-create my desktop settings.
26 Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.
27
28 Mark Haney
29 Sr. Systems Administrator
30 ERC Broadband