From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Can not compile gcc
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 23:44:40
1 "Mansour Al Akeel" <mansour.alakeel@×××××.com> posted
2 2a21586d0811141154o1b037f3fxa913ac312fe88f35@××××××××××.com, excerpted
3 below, on Fri, 14 Nov 2008 15:54:28 -0400:
4
5 > FEATURES=-sandbox emerge sandbox"
6
7 I'm sorry, I didn't make myself clear on this. If you change the feature
8 in make.conf, you'd use your normal features only change "sandbox" to
9 "-sandbox".
10
11 What I was suggesting there was to go on the command line (not
12 make.conf). You set FEATURES to -sandbox for just a single command,
13 which is emerge sandbox.
14
15 So combining that with the ccache suggestion, now for both gcc and
16 sandbox, it would be this (after setting the FEATURES line in make.conf
17 back to normal):
18
19 First command:
20
21 FEATURES="-ccache -sandbox" emerge sandbox
22
23 Second command:
24
25 FEATURES="-ccache -sandbox" emerge gcc
26
27 If you are lucky, after those two commands, you should be back to normal
28 and can remerge gcc without anything funny in either make.conf or on the
29 command line.
34 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman