From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Possible Math Problem - Request For Verification [Solved]
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 13:07:02
1 On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 9:39 PM, Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 > On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 20:54:10 -0700
3 > Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >> I'm using -O2 here on all my machines. Certainly it isn't that option
7 >> that causes a problem for everyone. Sounds like something specific to
8 >> your processor revision.
11 > What version of gcc are you using?
12 >
13 > I was using gcc-4.5.2, which is the latest on Gentoo.  Installing gcc-4.4.5,
14 > the previous version, into a new slot and then using gcc-4.4.5 to run the
15 > ucbtest I do *not* get the cabsd error.  So the problem is definitely gcc.
16 >
17 > All I need now is for someone to come forward and say that he is using
18 > gcc-4.5.2 and has no problem.  Then I'll really start to bang my head.
19 >
20 > Frank Peters
21
22 Currently 4.4.5 here.