From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Please suggest settings and flags in /etc/make.conf?
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 02:01:51
1 I'm just installing Gentoo on my first new machine in years. Can
2 anyone suggest which of the CPU flags below might best be added to
3 make.conf? The machine will be a standard desktop running rt-sources
4 and stable Gentoo.
5
6 This processor is 2 physical cores with hyperthreading enabled in each core.
7
8 Currently make.conf has only the standard stuff other than me adding
9 the MAKEOPTS line:
10
11 # These settings were set by the catalyst build script that automatically
12 # built this stage.
13 # Please consult /usr/share/portage/config/make.conf.example for a more
14 # detailed example.
15 CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"
16 CXXFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"
17 # WARNING: Changing your CHOST is not something that should be done lightly.
18 # Please consult http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/change-chost.xml before changing.
19 CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
20 # These are the USE flags that were used in addition to what is provided by the
21 # profile used for building.
22 USE="mmx sse sse2"
23 MAKEOPTS="-j5"
26 Thanks,
27 Mark
30 processor : 3
31 vendor_id : GenuineIntel
32 cpu family : 6
33 model : 37
34 model name : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 661 @ 3.33GHz
35 stepping : 2
36 cpu MHz : 3325.050
37 cache size : 4096 KB
38 physical id : 0
39 siblings : 4
40 core id : 2
41 cpu cores : 2
42 apicid : 5
43 initial apicid : 5
44 fpu : yes
45 fpu_exception : yes
46 cpuid level : 11
47 wp : yes
48 flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
49 mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe
50 syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good
51 xtopology nonstop_tsc pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2
52 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm sse4_1 sse4_2 aes lahf_lm ida tpr_shadow vnmi
53 flexpriority ept vpid
54 bogomips : 6649.95
55 clflush size : 64
56 cache_alignment : 64
57 address sizes : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
58 power management: