From: lists-kyle@××××××××××××××××.net
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Problem with USB-Keyboard at Install
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 08:29:15
1 On Sun, Aug 02, 2009 at 09:15:42PM +0200, Gerhard Erker 1 wrote:
2 > Hello
3 > I have a Microsoft wireless Laser Keyboard 6000 V2.0 and the Microsoft
4 > wireless Laser Mouse 6000.
5 > I tried to install Gentoo for AMD64 from the minimal installation cd.
6 > Unfortunately, when I booted, my keyboard was not recognized. I tried to
7 > boot with the hardware-option "doscsi", but it worked not. I saw that
8 > the "Num Lock" light is on when I switch on the computer. I can also
9 > write Boot-Options. When booting the gentoo-kernel for installation,
10 > Num-Lock switches off and my keyboard will not work.
11 > My Keyboard works on all Linux- and windows installations. Also I don't
12 > found help in Google.
13
14 Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting your keyboard or hub once
15 the kernel has booted? I've got my mouse and keyboard connected through
16 a hub, and it always works in the BIOS and bootloader, but after Linux
17 boots, sometimes my mouse and keyboard don't work. Reconnecting the hub
18 makes everything work.
19 This only seems to happen on one system (VIA K8T800 based motherboard.)