From: James Ausmus <james.ausmus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Failure updating to gdbm-1.8.3-r4
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 20:54:49
1 On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Daniel Dilts <dilts.daniel@×××××.com>wrote:
2
3 > I'm running the no-multilib version of gentoo-amd64 on a Core2 duo.
4 >> When I try to run emerge --update --deep --newuse world I get the
5 >> following error:
8 > <snip>
11 >> * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if
12 >> relevant.
15 > <snip>
16 >
17 > Please do as the error message suggests, and post the topmost build error -
18 > the info you posted does not contain anything that can help root cause the
19 > issue.
22 > The only other error type thing I can find (didn't find it before because
23 > of vim's default case sensitive search) is:
24 >
25 > mv -f .libs/gdbmfetch.lo gdbmfetch.lo
26 > make: *** [gdbmdelete.lo] Error 1
27 > make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
28 > mv -f .libs/gdbmopen.lo gdbmopen.lo
29 >
30 > Followed immediately by the last bit that I posted.
33 Hmm, it looks like it might still be higher up than that - try just visually
34 scanning upwards a bit from that point (it can actually be quite a bit
35 higher, if there are multiple make jobs running in parallel - ie.
36 MAKEOPTS="-j2" or more). Alternately, attach the build log, and we can take
37 a look through it. :)
38
39 -James