From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Java problem
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 04:24:02
1 Hi,
2 On my AMD64 machine I have this Java installed:
3
4 lightning ~ # cat /var/lib/portage/world | grep java
5 dev-java/blackdown-jre
6 lightning ~ # emerge -pv blackdown-jre
7
8 These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
9
10 Calculating dependencies ...done!
11 [ebuild R ] dev-java/blackdown-jre-1.4.2.02 +browserplugin
12 -mozilla -nsplugin 0 kB
13
14 Total size of downloads: 0 kB
15 lightning ~ #
16
17 As far as I could tell up until tonight I thought it was working.
18 However at a specific site (which is password protected unfortunately)
19 that I'm using for investing I'gett a window in Firefox telling me
20 that "Additional plugins are required to display all the media on this
21 page." and in the browser page I see a little red/blue/yellow cube
22 that says "Click here to download plugin". when I click there it tells
23 me
24
25 Available plugins:
26
27 Java Runtime Environment
28
29 What am I doing wrong?
30
31 Is there a better Java in portage than Blackdown for AMD64?
32
33 Thanks,
34 Mark
37 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list