From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] complete crash with ondemand scheduler
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 11:45:44
1 When I enable the ondemand scheduler on my Athlon64 3200+ I get
2 immediate crash: video fills up with blinking colored lines, X cannot be
3 killed, the box does not ping, I need to hard reset. Other than that the
4 box is a stable mythtv station.
5
6 The motherboard is an Asus M2NPV-VM. Cool'n'Quiet is enabled in the
7 BIOS. Vanilla kernel with no binary drivers (actually, initially I was
8 using the proprietary nvidia graphics driver, which I though was the
9 culprit, but switching to open source driver did not solve), running
10 almost no ~amd64.
11 On my other box, an Athlon64 3000+/Asus K8VSE with same kernel, ondemand
12 works perfectly.
13
14 The only 'strange' hw on the 3200+ is a DVB tuner, the Hauppauge
15 HVR1300. Tonight I will try to remove it and see if it is related with
16 this problem.
17
18 Has anybody had similar problems with ondemand scheduler?
19 Any hints on how to debug the problem would be greatly appreciated.
20 Neither syslog nor xorg.log report anything unusual.
21
22 thanks,
23
24 raffaele